Sunday, March 16, 2014

Preparing for rain

If you've seen "Facing the Giants", then you will remember this scene:



The night before God first spoke to me about our ministry in Kenya, the kids were watching this movie for the umpteenth time. I was sitting at my computer, but my ears perked up at this part. The Holy Spirit definitely nudged me. The very next day (in April of 2012), the Lord spoke to me very specifically about the kind ministry He was calling us to (but the "where" part didn't come til 3 months later). He prefaced this information with a directive~He said we should "prepare for rain by getting ready to move".

It has taken me a while, but I'm learning that seemingly "immediate" sounding words may not always be so "immediate". At that point in time, I cleaned out my closet and weeded out a bunch of stuff I didn't need. Then I packed 1 (yes, one) box. It was my token act of obedience. I did keep this directive in mind and occasionally prayed and asked God to show me how to get ready to move. No answer came.

Fast-forward almost 2 years later and we are actually preparing for rain by getting ready to move! The one lonely box I had packed has actually been unpacked and weeded out~but we have gotten rid of a bunch of stuff and are still in the process. You see, we gave our landlord notice and we are vacating the premises in 2 weeks. We believe that God has directed us to visit the U.S. before we move on to Kenya~such a lovely surprise! We will be attending a conference the first weekend of April.

Now comes the fun part~we don't have our tickets yet! We firmly believe that God will supply all of our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. He is our source and supply! We've actually been around this block once already~we didn't receive the money for our tickets to come to Australia until 2 days before departure! Our Father has taught us to walk by faith, not by sight. His word does not return void! His promises are yes and amen!

Our hearts' desire is that He will receive all the glory~and that our testimony will inspire others to step out in obedient faith, knowing that God will supply everything that we need to do His will. Many are watching us~some are cheering us on and others are just shaking their heads in disbelief~but God will be glorified! He led me to this passage yesterday to encourage me:

Oh how great is your goodness, which you have laid up for them that fear you; which you have worked for them that trust in you before the sons of men! Psalm 31:19

Stay tuned to see how God works it all out~we're on the edge of our seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment