Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 2

We had a good phone connection today, so I was able to get a pretty detailed report on how Sean's day went yesterday. If I had my way, I would have asked him a million more questions~but we don't want to use up all our minutes in one day!

First off, I found a pic of the YWAM base in Mombasa. This is where Sean is staying while he "spies out the land". Lots of people who feel called to missions come and stay there while they seek God's will and direction. Sean says the people there are great, and so helpful. By the way, if you have never heard about Youth With a Mission and how it all began, I highly recommend reading "Is That Really You, God?" by Loren Cunningham. It's so inspiring, I've read it twice.


And here are some modes of transport in Kenya~a matatu (not to be confused with a matutu, which is a brand of beer), and a piki-piki (motor bike). Sean says riding in a matatu is like "hell on wheels". He much prefers the piki-piki, but I think either way you're taking your life in your hands! We are very thankful that his new friend Julius went with him, as he says he surely would have gotten lost.


Sean visited two children's homes yesterday. He was able to have lunch and play with the children, while receiving valuable info on what it takes to be able to serve the fatherless in Kenya. He said the children were hanging all over him, and his words to me were "You'd be jealous!" Which I had to laugh at, because of course I do wish I could be there to experience it all first hand.

Today, after a breakfast of mandazi (East African doughnuts), he was planning on returning to one of the children's homes as he wasn't able to spend much time there yesterday. Hopefully I will get another good report tomorrow! I've also asked him to try and send me a picture or two to share, but I'm not holding my breath. He doesn't have a lot of time to try and deal with the internet there.

Kwaheri (goodbye) for now! Thanks for your continued prayer coverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment